Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[SPARK 2] Bug Report

Go down 
+5
Darktib
shd
stardeath
Juff
Charlie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Juff
Developer

[SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:12 pm

@ shd :

I have corrected the >> template stuff. As i m using visual to program I tend to be a little lazy with the norm (even if i think all modern compilers can well recognize it as the closing of a template now)

For the code not compiling on other compilers than visual, I tested it long ago, so I guess I ll have to make some corrections quick.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Just to let you know I modified the code so that SPARK 2 compiles under gcc.

I still have some warnings (I think its a compiler bug) and a friend relationship between 2 nested classes I havent managed to make so I had to make some stuff public.

About that last problem, if someone has a solution... I dont manage to get Octree::Cell to be friend of Octree::Array<T> even with forward declaration... Either I m tired, or the solution is tricky syntax or it is a compile bug...
Back to top Go down
shd

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Juff wrote:
Just to let you know I modified the code so that SPARK 2 compiles under gcc.
Thanks a lot, you probably saved me quite a lot of work by this Smile

I'll try it myself tomorrow.

[EDIT]
Sorry for late response, I've been busy.
How did you actually compiled it on G++?
On 336 revision, i just tried to make it. Unfortunately part of old errors appear, like:
* missing SPK:IO:Attribute at SPK:IO:Descriptor (so i have to declare 'class Attribute').
* at SPK_Zone.h:70:113 there is type conflict, so i have to change parameter to const (hell, i don't even know if it can be const)
and more things like that.
I'm using gcc 4.6.2. For me, this errors look reasonable but of course i may be wrong since as i said, i don't feel c++ guru at all.

Last edited by shd on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked new version)
Back to top Go down
vroad

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 am

I tried to use spark with irrlicht, but it doesn't compile because there is a spelling error.
I've posted a patch in SourceForge to fix the error.

Also, I don't recommend placing binaries in the same repository.
It can be built from source code, and it requires extra space to save entire history of binaries.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi, thanks for your report, i ll check that
Back to top Go down
vroad

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Hmm, Corrected version only works with Irrlicht 1.8 but 1.7.
pack_texureBlendFunc was renamed to pack_textureBlendFunc in 1.8.
Back to top Go down
thecno

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:52 am

When I only add #include "SPARK.h" in my project, I get the following error

Code:

/usr/local/include/spark2/Core/SPK_MemoryTracer.h: In member function ‘void SPK::SPKMemoryTracer::dumpMemory()’:
/usr/local/include/spark2/Core/SPK_MemoryTracer.h:104: error: ‘compareAllocTime’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from /usr/local/include/spark2/SPARK_Core.h:37,
                from /usr/local/include/spark2/SPARK.h:26,

EDIT:
Fixed the above error by disabling #define SPK_TRACE_MEMORY in SPK_MemoryTracer.h

But then I got the following when trying to compile the SPKTestIrrlicht.cpp

Code:

SPK_IRR_QuadRenderer.cpp:(.text+0x3d): undefined reference to `SPK::QuadRenderBehavior::QuadRenderBehavior(float, float)'
SPK_IRR_QuadRenderer.cpp:(.text+0x4d): undefined reference to `SPK::Oriented3DRenderBehavior::Oriented3DRenderBehavior()'
/usr/local/lib//libSPARK_IRR.a(SPK_IRR_QuadRenderer.cpp.o): In function `SPK::IRR::IRRQuadRenderer::IRRQuadRenderer(irr::IrrlichtDevice*, float, float)':
SPK_IRR_QuadRenderer.cpp:(.text+0xfb): undefined reference to `SPK::QuadRenderBehavior::QuadRenderBehavior(float, float)'
SPK_IRR_QuadRenderer.cpp:(.text+0x10b): undefined reference to `SPK::Oriented3DRenderBehavior::Oriented3DRenderBehavior()'
Back to top Go down
MTimur

PostSubject: Bug   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 am

\sparksdk\src\1.5.5\src\core\spk_model.cpp:200

Code:
  if (nbInterpolatedParams > 0)
  {
  interpolatedParams = new int[nbMutableParams];                //<<=== here
  for (size_t i = 0; i < nbInterpolatedParams; ++i)
    interpolatedParams[i] = model.interpolatedParams[i];
  }
must be:
Code:
  interpolatedParams = new int[nbInterpolatedParams];
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks. This is fixed on the svn
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi is there a way to reset the particles (lifetime , age , etc) in a group ? The Group::reallocate only works if the newCapacity != currentCapacity

so this doesn't work :

Code:
group->reallocate(group->getCapacity());

There should be an option to somehow "restart" the groups.I have "stop" "play" "pause" buttons in my editor , and i need to reset the systems when i press the "stop" button.

Any ideas ?

PS:
I'm not sure yet if this a bug , but it seems that calling continguously the reallocate() method sometimes (randomly) crashes...
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 pm

I don't have the source code of my editor on the computer I'm using now, but I think I implemented it by emptying groups and reseting emitters.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

OMG !! i just searched a bug all day and after 17 hours of hard bug hunting and coffe drinking and frustrating i found this :

Code:
void Group::removeEmitter(const Ref<Emitter>& emitter)
   {
      std::vector<Ref<Emitter> >::iterator it = emitters.begin();
      if (it != emitters.end())
         emitters.erase(it);
      else
         SPK_LOG_WARNING("Group::removeEmitter(Emitter*) - The emitter was not found in the group and cannot be removed");

}

Which is apparently wrong ! No matter which emitter you remove , the very first one will be removed every time...
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Oops... That is a stupid bug. Will fix it as soon as I retrieve my dev machine, next week. Thank you for your report.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 am

Hi i found another bug : The texture stage states are wrong in the dx9 renderers.The texture alpha mode is wrong in each renderer. To have correct BLEND_MODE_ALPHA mode

These flags : (which are correct for alpha blending)

Code:
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_COLORARG1, D3DTA_DIFFUSE);
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_COLORARG2, D3DTA_TEXTURE);
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_SELECTARG1);
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_DIFFUSE);

Need to be set like this :

Code:
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_COLORARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE);
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_COLORARG2, D3DTA_DIFFUSE); 
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_MODULATE);
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE);
// + 1 flag to set :
DX9Info::getDevice()->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG2, D3DTA_DIFFUSE);

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 am

Hi, thanks for reporting.
If you want not to rely on us for bug fix, i can give you the rights to commit code on svn.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 am

OK , i have a little spare time so why not. I'm in !

SourceForge : charlie82
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am

Ok done !
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Ok someone should help , it seems i made a mistake while i commit on the SVN... Sorry
Maybe i just wait for you to commit the changes... i'm not that familiar with SVN... Smile
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 pm

I have removed what you ve commited
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 pm

The Group::removeEmitter bug is now fixed on svn.

If I have time, one day I will change some of the Group data structures from multiple std::vector to intrusive list (notably emitters).

@Juff: why is activeEmitters mutable ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 am

Hi i found a bug in the DX9LineRenderer.In DX9LineRenderer::render() seems that the buffer needs to be locked first (buffer.lock(VERTEX_AND_COLOR_LOCK)) otherwise the engine will crash at :

Code:
buffer.setNextVertex(particle.position());

Regards
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Another bug :
Gravity modifier does not take PARAM_MASS into account in Gravity::modify

OFF :

I've added a new way to scale particle systems and groups adding a protected virtual method to SPKObject :

Code:
vitual void updateScale(float scale);

this method recalculates all the parameters (forces , zone sizes , quads point sprites) in Group::updateParticles

example :

Code:
void Emitter::updateScale(float scale)
{
      forceMin = forceMin_const * scale;
      forceMax = forceMax_const * scale;
      zone->updateScale(scale);
}

it works perfectly , except the line trail renderer... does anyone have an idea how to recalculate the duration and the samples by a given scale factor ?
Thanks

Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:29 am

For the gravity, it is not a bug. This is physically correct, the mass doesnt change anything :
Newton's second law :
F = m * a
F = C * (m1 * m2) / d² (gravitation law)
F = g * m (simplified with a constant)
=> a = g

For the scale, yes this is a good feature, tricky however because their may be quite a lot a parameter to change by spk object. The philosophy of the updateScale should be similar to the philosophy of the updateTransform. I wont cache the initial values however. To me the updateScale should change the value and is used at systems loading to adapt the scale of a system to the scale of the given world.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 am

Yes you are right about the Gravity! just after i made that post i realized that i was wrong , but forget to edit the post... must be sleepy that day.

However there is a small issue in Graph Interpolators import : The y1 values are not loaded :

Code:
if (validGraph && (attrib = descriptor.getAttributeWithValue("graph values")))
      {
         std::vector<T> values0 = attrib->getValues<T>();
         if (values0.size() == nbEntries)
            for (size_t i = 0; i < nbEntries; ++i) entries[i].y0 = entries[i].y1 = values0[i];
         else
            validGraph = false;
      }

{
         std::vector<T> values1 = attrib->getValues<T>();
         if (values1.size() == nbEntries)
            for (size_t i = 0; i < nbEntries; ++i) entries[i].y1 = values1[i];
         else
            validGraph = false;
      }

the line :
Code:

should be :
Code:
if (validGraph && (attrib = descriptor.getAttributeWithValue("graph values 2")))

Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

Thank you for the report. With the controls & attributes system I'm finalizing, the de/serialization will be automatic, so it will be fixed with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPARK 2] Bug Report   [SPARK 2] Bug Report - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPARK 2] Bug Report
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next