Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which version of SPARK shoud I use?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vroad

Which version of SPARK shoud I use? Empty
PostSubject: Which version of SPARK shoud I use?   Which version of SPARK shoud I use? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 am

This must be very useful particle engine, so I would like to use it in my game.

SPARK2 uses CMake as its build system. It can easily be added to my project because it also uses CMake.
SPARK1.x is not updated recently, but new version still seems to be in development.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Which version of SPARK shoud I use?   Which version of SPARK shoud I use? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Well it depends :

• Spark 1 has been proven to be robust and was used in commercial projects but its development has stopped.
  • Spark 2 is under active development but is better designed, more powerful and faster than Spark 1. The version is fully usable even though some changes in the interface may still occur.

If you have tight time constraints for integration, go with Spark 1, it more mature and better documented. Else go with Spark 2, it is to my opinion far better than spark 1 in all points. Moreover, we are reactive on the forum for any bug reports or questions.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
vroad

PostSubject: Re: Which version of SPARK shoud I use?   Which version of SPARK shoud I use? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 am

Ok, I decided to use Spark 2!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which version of SPARK shoud I use?   Which version of SPARK shoud I use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which version of SPARK shoud I use?
Page 1 of 1