Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPARK2 Compilation linking error

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
johnRST

SPARK2 Compilation linking error Empty
PostSubject: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm trying to build spark2 with mingw and I'm getting a linking error concerning pugixml when it comes to libSPARK.dll. I see that pugixml compiled successfully so I'm not sure why it doesn't find it. I don't have much experience with makefiles so I'm not sure how to go about fixing this. I'd be grateful if someone can help.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello,

Which toolchain do you use ? MSVC, GCC with Code::Blocks, direct makefiles ?

PS: on Windows, its "SPARK.dll" and not "libSPARK.dll" Wink
Back to top Go down
johnRST

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm running the makefiles directly through mingw. Forgive my lacking knowledge but is there something specific I have to do to generate the Windows build files for it to create SPARK.dll rather than libSPARK.dll?

EDIT: Hmm, I just remembered that I never tried to compile the Release build and instead tried to compile the MinSizeRel build. Is there any reason why that wouldn't work? At any rate, I'm fairly content with the Release build working haha.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Ah, it's mingw. Is it the first time you try compile SPARK ? I know gcc compiles it without problems on Linux, I will test MinGW tomorrow.
For the moment, you can still compile it with Visual Studio, and either develop using it.

What is your build directory ?
Could you please post the CMake output when configuring and generating ?
Back to top Go down
johnRST

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I wanted to integrate SPARK into a mingw project of mine so unfortunately, I can't use Visual Studio. And yes, this is the first time I've tried to compile SPARK (never tried to compile 1.5).

My build directory is "C:/spark2/build".

And here is the CMake output.

Code:
The C compiler identification is GNU
The CXX compiler identification is GNU
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
   You have to set both SPARK_IRRLICHT_LIB and SPARK_IRRLICHT_LIB_DEBUG for the Irrlicht build to work.
   Ignore this message if you're not using Irrlicht.
Configuring done
Generating done
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:46 am

I tested with Code::Blocks, and I got linking errors too. Something is done wrong by CMake, external dependencies are not properly checked.
I will investigate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 Compilation linking error   SPARK2 Compilation linking error Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPARK2 Compilation linking error
Page 1 of 1