Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
toglia

Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec Empty
PostSubject: Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 executables   Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi, First post !!!

I'm planning on strengthening my SFML applications with Spark, which sounds like the best particle solution for sfml. (Demos are quite impressive by the way!) Will be getting my hands dirty with it in a couple of days Twisted Evil.

It caused some impression to see that all the sfml executable demos crash when they exit, why do you think that is?

The other thing I wanted to ask although its off topic, is that when I downloaded the vs 2008 source, I compiled and linked the sfml demo without any problems, but when running, it crashed on startup both on release and debug. I tried putting a breakpoint on the very first line of the main but it crashes before it gets there.

Code:
Unhandled exception at 0x10004189 in SPARK Demo SFML.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00441000.

This is the callstack:

Code:
sfml-system.dll!10004189()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for sfml-system.dll]
sfml-system.dll!10001df6()
SPARK Demo SFML.exe!0040bac3()
msvcr90d.dll!_initterm(void (void)* * pfbegin=0x0040e240, void (void)* * pfend=0x0040e36c)  Line 903 C
SPARK Demo SFML.exe!004081e5()
SPARK Demo SFML.exe!004080cf()
kernel32.dll!7c817067()

Can you help me with that?
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec   Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi Toglia,

Concerning the bug when exiting SFML demos, I think this is a known bug of SFML related to the disposal of the default font of SFML. There s a lot of topics about that on the SFML forum (check out this one for instance). It doesnt crash on my pc with vista though. I may be able to implement a work around to avoid the issue. btw as said in SFML forums, it seems that this bug does not show off when linking statically.

Your other problem may not be due to the code but maybe to a conflict in version or something :

• Are all dlls accessible to the executable ?
  • Are you using the dlls of SFML 1.5 and not other versions ?
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com

Crash when exiting sfml demos on clean downloaded win32 exec
Page 1 of 1