Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vliw

SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Empty
PostSubject: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi,

my intention is to start using Spark, I am wondering if the suggested version is Spark 1.5 or Spark2.

I've been working a little with Spark 1.5 and I had some problem, in particular every sample I compile in debug
crashes while the release version works so I was tempted to try Spark2.

Does anybody would be so kind eventually to give me a vs2008 or vs2010 solution already working so I don't
loose a lot of time setting up the environment?

cheers.

Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:46 am

Which renderer do you plan to use ?
For SPARK2, the dev files are CMake scripts, so it is fast and easy to setup... There are no more VSxxxx or C::B projects files in SPARK2.
Back to top Go down
vliw

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:01 am

I need to use opengl for my application, the problem with spark 1 and vs2010 is that
I cant dubug because the app crashes i can tell you where
If you want.

I started this morning to create some vs2010 static library project for
Spark2 my intention is to create the libraries necessary to compile the samples.
My environment is vs2010 Windows 7 64 bit

Is this the way to go?

Cheers

Back to top Go down
vliw

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:09 am

Honestly i would distribute the engine with vsxxx project because in this way could
Be easily integrated in in many envieonment immediately.
I know that can sound stupid but for professional apps And development
When time is gold being capable to try the engine immediately without
For example the problems i had with spark1 debugging can favorably inpact
The reputation of your engine

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:49 am

Can you show me what crashed, and where it crashed ? You can't debug: the app exit immediately without "standard crash" like segfault ?

I am working on SPARK2 for the moment, and I am also on Windows 7 64 bit / Visual Studio 2010; everything works as expected...

Maintaining several project files is time-consuming, and the time used to update these files is not spend on the developement of the engine. Moreover, once you know CMake, you can generate project for whatever IDE you want in less than 2 minutes...
Back to top Go down
vliw

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:20 am

I think the crash on Spark1 is my responsability, probably I did something wrong when I set up the VS2010 projects.

I started to play with cmake, interesting.

What do you recommend for an OpenGL APP Spark1 or Spark2?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:30 pm

vliw wrote:
I think the crash on Spark1 is my responsability, probably I did something wrong when I set up the VS2010 projects.

If you can upload your vs solutions somewhere, I'll give it a try.

vliw wrote:
What do you recommend for an OpenGL APP Spark1 or Spark2?

An answer here : https://spark.canadian-forum.com/t149-which-version-of-spark-shoud-i-use

For vs solutions, maybe the visual solutions will be included with the SDK, but for the svn, cmake is enough to me.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files   SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPARK2 or Spark 1.5 and Dev Files
Page 1 of 1