Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luinecho

Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Empty
PostSubject: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to use your particle engine with sfml and got some problems. I have the exact same code like in tutoral 2 (copied it, after my own spark program didn't work) and linked everything correct. Static SFML Libraries and the static SPARK Libraries. There are no linker errors, but when I try to compile there's one weird error without help:

I don't know what to do. Could you set up a little SPARK program (Like Tutorial 1, just some particles when pressing space or so) in VC++ 2008, which works and post it here (the vc++ 08 project)? This would be very helpful!

Greetings,
Luinechor
Back to top Go down
Luinecho

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Oh, forgot to post the link to the error. It's this one:
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi,

basically to use static libraries instead of dynamic, there is not a lot to do : simply change the path of the Spark libraries from ../dynamic to ../static and remove the preprocessor define SPK_IMPORT. That s it.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Luinecho

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Tanks for the reply.
Well, that's what I did and all I get is this error:
Linker Tools Error LNK1257
code generation failed
(Guess link in the other posts didn't work cuz' I'm not a registered user)

It work's fine, when the SFML is linked static and SPARK is dynamic. But I'd like to link both of them static, which does not work.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I tried in visual 2008 and it works fine.

I ve only done that in the SPARK Tuto 2 project :

• preprocessor : remove SPK_IMPORT and SFML_DYNAMIC
  • dependencies : change the SFML libs in their static version (-s)
  • additionnal directory for libs : change ..\..\..\lib\vc2008\dynamic to ..\..\..\lib\vc2008\static
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Luinecho

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey,
sorry for late answer. It works now. Didn't work on the current project so I just created a new one with same settings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE   Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems compiling SPARK with SFML on VC++ 2008 EE
Page 1 of 1