Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help needed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zer0sum

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm

I cannot for the life of me compile any of the demo projects because I can't figure out how to install or where to install the FTGL libraries.

I am running windows and using dev c++. Can someone give me an idiot's guide?
Back to top Go down
zer0sum

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm

37 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\FTGL\ftgl.h:32, from src\CollisionDemo.cpp In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/FTGL/ftgl.h:32, from src/CollisionDemo.cpp

/Dev-Cpp/include/ft2build.h C:\Codemonkey\DevCPP Workspace\Sparks\C freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:53 am

yes I had problems too to link correctly the FTGL lib (and still got warnings). Maybe i ll use another library to render text in the next version.

I guess you need to install freetype as well as FTGL is based upon freetype.
Another thing you can do is remove all dependencies to FTGL which is actually only used to display info strings in OpenGL. TO do that you only have to remove from the demo code the line :

Code:
#include <FTGL/ftgl.h>

and also all the references to fontPtr
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Sponsored content

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum