Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldo

VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Empty
PostSubject: VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found   VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Hey guys!

I tried to set up the particle engine with my VC2008 IDE, but I get the following error message, if I compile an example in debug mode, after I try to start it:
"Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found or does not match. No symbols loaded. Do you want to continue debugging?" (translated version)
If I go on and press "Yes", the programm starts and crashes. If I compile in Release mode, I'm getting the same problem, BUT I can start the outcomming *.exe file (NOT within the IDE) with just using the windows exporer and double-clicking it.

In Debug mode I get no erros and one warning:
"defaultlib 'library' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library".
There are no warnings in Release mode.

Thanks for your help in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stardeath
Committer

PostSubject: Re: VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found   VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:06 am

"Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found or does not match. No symbols loaded. Do you want to continue debugging?" often appends when you link release libraries in debug build.
since release libraries don't have debug info, vs can't find these information, and warns you.

look at linker information if you link debug libraries.
Back to top Go down
Eldo

PostSubject: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found   VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi stardeath,
thanks for your answer.
I changed the libary names from

"opengl32.lib
glu32.lib
SDL.lib
SDLmain.lib
ftgl_static.lib
freetype237.lib
SPARK.lib
SPARK_GL.lib"

to

"opengl32.lib
glu32.lib
SDL.lib
SDLmain.lib
ftgl_static.lib
freetype237.lib
SPARK_debug.lib
SPARK_GL_debug.lib"
(Tuto1 Project)

but the error still appears. Do I link the correct libaries? I'm gonna try to set up my own project file as I think the project informations in the downloaded "full project" package from the website contains some wrong Debug -Settings in *.vcproj files.

Bye, Eldo.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found   VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:40 am

Yes the debug settings of some project might not be well set. I ll check that and post a fix on the svn later on.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found   VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks, sounds great!
Back to top Go down

VS2008: Debuggging information for XXX.exe cannot be found
Page 1 of 1