Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

transform AABox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sormo

transform AABox Empty
PostSubject: transform AABox   transform AABox Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Hello, I have question regarding tranformations. I am using SPARK with SFML and I need to rotate AABox around Z axis. Is it possible? I would like to use AABox as an obstacle and create collisions with my 2D world but I've get stucked with this rotation thing. Please is there any way to do this?
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

transform AABox Empty
PostSubject: Re: transform AABox   transform AABox Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 pm

I think there is no way to rotate an aabox, simply because AA stands for Axis-Aligned, so the AABox class was done following this rule.

But you can write your own Zone, for example name it 'Box', and code it to handle rotation. For that, you can for example use 3 floats to describe dimensions and a Vector3D for the direction of the box.
Back to top Go down
sormo

transform AABox Empty
PostSubject: Re: transform AABox   transform AABox Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:14 am

thanks for the reply. I thought it will be possible because of Tranformable parent. I'll try to subclass zone.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

transform AABox Empty
PostSubject: Re: transform AABox   transform AABox Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes you cannot rotate an AABox by definition. You can still subclass Zone to create it if you want. An oriented box will be added to SPARK 2
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Sponsored content

transform AABox Empty
PostSubject: Re: transform AABox   transform AABox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

transform AABox
Page 1 of 1