Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zhaus

Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate? Empty
PostSubject: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:58 pm

First off, thanks very for all the work on Spark. It's a great particle engine!

Unfortunately I'm trying to do something which I'm not sure is supported. I want to ramp alpha up and then back down again, so particles fade in and then out again.

I see in the Spark2 trunk their is the option of setting a custom colour interpolator, which would allow me to manually change the alpha, but there doesn't seem to be anything like this in Spark1.

Is there a way to do this in Spark1 that I've missed? If not, how stable is Spark2?

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi,

Yes this feature is supported in Spark1. Check out the Interpolator class. With this class you can accurately tune the way a parameter evolves. You can take a look at the fire or explosion demos which use the interpolator.

Regarding Spark 2, it is not yet finished (The development is slow as I dont have that much spare time), so you re better using the first version.

Dont hesitate if your have further questions.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
zhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Ahh, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks once again for the great particle engine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: English Forum :: Questions (en)-
Jump to: