Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPARK in PixelLight as plugin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
COfenberg

SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Empty
PostSubject: SPARK in PixelLight as plugin   SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 am

Hi,

Several years ago, I wrote a particle system for the free open-source, cross-platform 3D application framework PixelLight - but nowadays it's a kind of out-dated, especially compared to SPARK! Within the 0.9.5-R1 release of PixelLight, I added a plugin for SPARK because I really like SPARK and it's well designed API. Thank's for this fantastic particle engine!

Screenshots:
SPARK in PixelLight as plugin SPARK_Fire
SPARK in PixelLight as plugin SPARK_Gravitation_

There's also a YouTube video of this scene:

Greetings,
Christian Ofenberg
Back to top Go down
http://www.pixellight.org
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: SPARK in PixelLight as plugin   SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 am

Wow, that's really pretty !

Did you write your own renderers or used directly Opengl ones for SPARK rendering ?

I have tested the dungeon demo, the graphic quality is excellent, meeting nowadays industry standard. However, the demo is gpu intensive. On my middle end hardware, I hardly get 20 fps. You should allow the user to tweak graphic settings (other than just resolution) so that the demo can run smoothly on a large panel of hardware.

Congratulations for you very nice project and long live to it ! And thanks a lot for using spark.

Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
COfenberg

PostSubject: Re: SPARK in PixelLight as plugin   SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 am

I wrote an own particle renderer on the base of the OpenGL renderer you provided within the SPARK SDK, so that the PixelLight adapter library "PLRenderer" is used and it's easier to use DirectX or OpenGL ES as well without rewriting particle renderers.

To the dungeon demo, yes, the demo currently isn't that configurable, although the PixelLight compositing system is. The SSAO effect currently eats most of the GPU power. From time to time, I continue working on this demo - and letting the user change certain settings is already on my todo-list, as well as some kind of benchmark mode. But for now, I'm totally happy that, thank's to SPARK, I finally have really cool fire effects in this demo without spending weeks in creating a new, own particle system from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pixellight.org
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: SPARK in PixelLight as plugin   SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 am

wow, really good screenshots!

Your framework is interesting, I will take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPARK in PixelLight as plugin   SPARK in PixelLight as plugin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPARK in PixelLight as plugin
Page 1 of 1