Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Empty
PostSubject: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK A824d8828e17173a5d5b383b8744118b28a79bc96c7deba8910bed109308d4304gIcewhirl 1.0beta1
New version: 1.0beta1!

Icewhirl is a particle system editor I created in order to edit SPARK systems, after having developed the Irrlicht renderer. It aims to be modulable, powerful, developer-friendly and (if possible) artist-friendly. The official topic is in the french section of the forum.

Screenshot:
Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK 110911100413170928729383

Changelog (from version 0.5):
Code:

----- Changes in SPARK Particle Editor -----

Major changes:

- The official name for 'SPARK Particle Editor' is 'Icewhirl'
 - The underlying SPARK engine is now SPARK 2.0
 - Overhaul of the Properties Dock (bugfixes, added 2 group types)
 - Total overhaul of the Scene Dock (performance improvements, bugfixes, new features, etc...)
 - Threaded save, extendible
 - New dock: Console, extendible with add-on commands
 - New dock: History, maintains undo/redo history, extendible
 - New dock: Media, manages textures/models. Database no longer manages media
 - New extension system

Minor changes:

- Software configuration is now stored in a xml file
 - New way to store global properties
 - Now database allow complex types (like QStringList) in row properties
 - Bugfixes...
Note: file loading is not operationnal yet.

Download : h t t p : / / w w w . m e d i a f i r e . c o m / ? 9 8 4 e g g z q r z 0 y n 1 d
Back to top Go down
Rampollo

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 am

can this editor be plugged with custom plugins? (for loading, saving, other renderer systems etc.)
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi, thank you for your interest in Icewhirl.

Yes, the editor is based on plugins (load/save/3d view/commands/SPARK elements/more to come...).

All files needed to develop plugins should be included in the current download. There is a doc, be beware this doc is not finished. But you can ask for help Wink
Back to top Go down
Rampollo

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 am

Sounds very good Smile! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Please note that for the moment the loading plugins are not implemented, but they should be implemented for beta 2. The current saver is a very simple one. The beta 2 will bring advanced information to the savers/loaders in orders to ease the load/save operations of SPARK files (XML/bin).
Back to top Go down
Rampollo

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Sure no problem. I'm just sandboxing the particles for my engine. I will follow progresses on SPARK and your editor until they seem mature enough for the integration Smile I will write a load/save plugin for the editor and maybe 1 renderin system (but is not really needed)
Back to top Go down
teto

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

ok I tested it. Looks like it needs more than 1 emitter, otherwise it is impossible to enable the emitter in group attributes + it crashes on shutdown.

Anyway I found the global layout very nice and Qt controls are nice to use. Maybe the most uesed attributes could be moved from the attributes panel to the tree hierarchy or even more display the attributes as an expanding panel when clicking on the tree.

As for attributes, they could be shown in a debug mode (normal, zones AABB etc...) when selected.

I am fine with the current renderer (I use Irrlicht too) and when all zones/emitters will be available no doubt this editor will rock your soul ^^
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you!

There is a bug with checkboxes in combobox, the first item is not updated correctly if the second was not, so if there are no second, it will be kinda difficult...
For the crash, I think it might be related to the Irrlicht renderer, still need to explore deeper.

teto wrote:
Anyway I found the global layout very nice and Qt controls are nice to use. Maybe the most uesed attributes could be moved from the attributes panel to the tree hierarchy or even more display the attributes as an expanding panel when clicking on the tree
Nice to hear that! Anyway, I think it is not a bad idea, but in a less developed mode: only the property controling whether the component is enabled or not will be shown as a check box in front of the name of the component (it was a feature on one of the previous releases, but was deleted...), as I think the main goal of the tree is to have the whole structure of the effect in a glance.

teto wrote:
As for attributes, they could be shown in a debug mode (normal, zones AABB etc...) when selected.
It is planned, but for the moment I try to finish what I've started Wink.
Back to top Go down
teto

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Sweet. Looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
JuggernautSpark

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 am

Hello,

How do I use this particle editor along with irrlicht ? Please provide some tutorials on that. Which version of irrlicht does it support - 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 or 1.7.3 or the latest 1.8 ?

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Hello,

This is not an 'Irrlicht editor', but an editor for SPARK effects, should they be used with Irrlicht, Ogre, CryEngine or whatever.

You need to use SPARK (there are some tutorials on it) in order to use effects created with Icewhirl. Then SVN version of SPARK, which is SPARK2, supports Irrlicht 1.7 - 1.8, but is still work in progress.
Back to top Go down
Bobo Zeta

PostSubject: Continue developing ?   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:07 am

Hello,

Is development of Icewhirl still continue ?
I'm very interested in Icewhirl as particle editor for SPARK,
but I wonder if development has stopped .
I hope to restart development !!
If you have no time, I intend to resume developing or start from scratch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello

The development has been paused for several monthes, mainly because I improved the particle engine and also because its a hobby I don't have that much time Wink. I hope to improve SPARK, but I have no plans for Icewhirl.

I could share the sources, though
Back to top Go down
Bobo Zeta

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 pm

OK, I really understand.

Please share the sources ! Or already shared ?

This is not a strong request.
If some obstacles exist with sharing, I try to start from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK   Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icewhirl : Particle editor for SPARK
Page 1 of 1