Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spark2 Irrlicht integration

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
granyte

Spark2 Irrlicht integration Empty
PostSubject: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 pm

I have been using spark particle engine integrated with irrlicht to leave trails behind moving objects and lately i jumped to spark 2 and i can't replicate the old behaviour.

Code:
SPK::Ref<SPK::IRR::IRRQuadRenderer> particleRenderer = SPK::IRR::IRRQuadRenderer::create(device);
  particleRenderer->setTexture(device->getVideoDriver()->getTexture("res\\explosion.png"));
   particleRenderer->setTexturingMode(TEXTURE_MODE_2D);
   particleRenderer->setScale(2.5f,2.5f);
   particleRenderer->setBlendMode(BLEND_MODE_ALPHA);
   particleRenderer->setAtlasDimensions(2,2);
   particleRenderer->enableRenderingOption(SPK::RENDERING_OPTION_DEPTH_WRITE,false);

// Model
   // Emitter
   particleEmitter = SPK::SphericEmitter::create(Vector3D(0.0f,0.0f,-1.0f),0.1f * PI,0.1f * PI);
   particleEmitter->setZone(Point::create(Vector3D(0.0f,0.02f,0.0f)));
   particleEmitter->setFlow(10);
   particleEmitter->setForce(0.1f,0.5f);
   particleSystem = SPK::System::create(false);
   // Group
   SPK::Ref<SPK::Group> particleGroup = particleSystem->createGroup(1100);
   particleGroup->addEmitter(particleEmitter);
   particleGroup->setRenderer(particleRenderer);
   particleGroup->setParamInterpolator(SPK::PARAM_TEXTURE_INDEX,SPK::FloatRandomInitializer::create(0.0f,4.0f));
     particleGroup->setLifeTime(80.0f,0.0f);
   particleGroup->setRadius(1.15f);
   //particleGroup->setGravity(gravity);

particleSystem->enableAABBComputation(true);
   particleSystem->initialize();

this->Powerlvl = 1000;
   irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(particleSystem,Node, device->getSceneManager(),false);
   system->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_OFF);
   system->setID(42);

this is my currend code and it's just not working.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 am

Hello,

What was your old code ?
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:12 am

Code:
IRRQuadRenderer* particleRenderer = IRRQuadRenderer::create(device);
   particleRenderer->setTexture(driver->getTexture("res\\explosion.png"));
   particleRenderer->setTexturingMode(TEXTURE_2D);
   particleRenderer->setBlending(BLENDING_ALPHA);
   particleRenderer->enableRenderingHint(DEPTH_WRITE,false);

// Model
   Model* particleModel = Model::create(FLAG_RED | FLAG_GREEN | FLAG_BLUE | FLAG_ALPHA |FLAG_TEXTURE_INDEX);
   //particleModel->setParam(PARAM_ALPHA,0.8f); // constant alpha
   particleModel->setLifeTime(0.0f,80.0f);
   particleModel->setParam(PARAM_TEXTURE_INDEX,0.0f,4.0f);
   // Emitter
   particleEmitter = SphericEmitter::create(Vector3D(0.0f,0.0f,-1.0f),0.1f * PI,0.1f * PI);
   particleEmitter->setZone(Point::create(Vector3D(0.0f,0.02f,0.0f)));

// Group
   Group* particleGroup = Group::create(particleModel,1100);
   //particleGroup->addModifier(obstacle);
   particleGroup->setGravity(gravity);
   particleGroup->enableAABBComputing(true);

particleSystem = IRRSystem::create(Node,smgr);
   particleSystem->addGroup(particleGroup);
   particleSystem->enableAABBComputing(true);

this was my old code and i was using something like spark 1.5 i think
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Sorry, forgot to ask before: what is "not working" ?

PS: setLifeTime(80,0) is not correct, because its setLifeTime(0,80) Wink . BTW, it does not changes a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:15 pm

I was about to post a video of the effet i was creating befor but i need to be a member for more then 7 days ....

w------------ww.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwFZu42MHY&feature=g-upl

This is what i was doing with the previous version now i'm unable to recreate the effect ethier the particles don't show up at all or they are in the ship local space.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi,

If you dont want particles to be in system's space, pass true to the constructor as 3rd parameter.

Moreover it is more advised, as the documentation states, to use the constructor of CSPKParticleSystemNode that creates the SPARK system for you :

Code:
CSPKParticleSystemNode(ISceneNode* parent,ISceneManager* mgr,bool worldTransformed = true,bool initialize = true,s32 id=-1);

Then you have createSPKGroup(int) to create a group and attach it to the system and getSPKSystem to retrieve the underlying system.

For gravity, you can add it in SPARK 2 using a Modifier which is called Gravity
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Even when passing true the particle don't show up at all

i swaped the values and tryed using you way to set it up

Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(Node, device->getSceneManager(),true,true,42);
   //system->initializeSPK();
   system->setParent(this->Node);
   //Vector3D gravity(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f);

SPK::Ref<SPK::IRR::IRRQuadRenderer> particleRenderer = SPK::IRR::IRRQuadRenderer::create(device);
  particleRenderer->setTexture(device->getVideoDriver()->getTexture("res\\explosion.png"));
   particleRenderer->enableRenderingOption(SPK::RENDERING_OPTION_DEPTH_WRITE,false);

// Model
    SPK::Ref<SPK::Sphere> explosionSphere = SPK::Sphere::create(SPK::Vector3D(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f),0.4f);
   // Emitter
   particleEmitter = SPK::SphericEmitter::create(Vector3D(0.0f,0.0f,-1.0f),0.1f * PI,0.1f * PI);
   particleEmitter->setZone(explosionSphere);
   // Group
   SPK::Ref<SPK::Group> particleGroup = Group::create(1100);
   particleGroup->setParamInterpolator(SPK::PARAM_TEXTURE_INDEX,SPK::FloatRandomInitializer::create(0.0f,4.0f));
     particleGroup->setLifeTime(1.0f,80.0f);
   system->addSPKGroup(particleGroup);
   //particleGroup->setGravity(gravity);

this->Powerlvl = 1000;
   system->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_OFF);

and the particle just don't show up at all
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 am

Ok, i ll try to make your code work and come back to you. Which version of Irrlicht do you use ?
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

1.8.0 in the svn
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 pm

I think i hit the jack pot.

i tryed compiling irrlicht with suport for 16 texture and then i started having issue and even when rolling back the only change i made i still get this when trying to compile my project

Code:
e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(45): error C3857: 'irr::core::ConstIterator': multiple template parameter lists are not allowed
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(177): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::Particle' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(221) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(39) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(196): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::index' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(224) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::index'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(39) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(210): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::index' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(224) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::index'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(210): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::group' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(223) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::group'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(45): error C3857: 'irr::core::ConstIterator': multiple template parameter lists are not allowed
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(177): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::Particle' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(221) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::Particle'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(196): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::index' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(210): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::index' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Iterator.h(210): error C2248: 'SPK::Particle::group' : cannot access private member declared in class 'SPK::Particle'
1>          e:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sparkengine\spark2\include\Core/SPK_Particle.h(223) : see declaration of 'SPK::Particle::group'
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:21 am

After a while i came back to spark and tested it some more it would seem particle are only emited in local space
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:54 pm

est que je devrais ouvrir un topic dans la section francais?

Car il sempblerai que le parametre pour emetre les particule dans le "worldspace" ne fonctione pas et je ne comprend pas pourquoi
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:49 am

There is a small bug in CSPKParticleSystem: 2 boolean parameters are inverted in the constructor between header and source. It's fixed on my local repo, but not commited.

For the moment, you have to do the following:
Code:
// Notice the 'true' added here, it's for the parameter 'initialize'.
//                                                    ||||
//                                                    vvvv
system = CSPKParticleSystemNode(parentSceneNode,smgr, true,worldTransformed);
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

i have always used it this way but no the bug is even worst

Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),false,true,43);
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),true,true,43);
this no particle show up at all

Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),false,false,43);
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),true,false,43);
particle show up in local space
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:26 pm

anyone suceedded at having a moving node leave particle behind as it move with spark 2? because for now this is a complete mistery
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 am

Can you post the whole code please ? Will test next week (for the moment I'm too busy...).
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 am

I already posted the full code earlier the particle scene node is only a children of a moving node.

if you mean i should post my entire project i don't think you wan me to post my 10 000 line engine
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Bug fix done, should work now. Also, the parameter inversion was fixed.
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 am

i updated but the code is still not working

Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),true,false,43);

//Vector3D gravity(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f);

// Model
   // SPK::Ref<SPK::Sphere> explosionSphere = SPK::Sphere::create(SPK::Vector3D(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f),0.4f);
   // Emitter
   //particleEmitter->setZone(explosionSphere);
   particleEmitter->setForce(0.5f,0.5f);
   // Group
   SPK::Ref<SPK::Group> particleGroup = Group::create(1100);
     particleGroup->setLifeTime(1.0f,80.0f);
   system->addSPKGroup(particleGroup);
   system->initializeSPK();
   system->setParent(Node);
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 am

Code:

should be

Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(NULL, device->getSceneManager(),true,true,43);

(the last boolean is for initialization of the inner SPK::System).

With 'worldTransformed = true', you have to set the transform to the scene node, not the SPK::System.
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 pm

well this should be taken care of here

Code:
system->initializeSPK();
  system->setParent(Node);

when the particle become child to an other node ut it does not work and nothing is shown

how ever disabeling world transformed get me some particle drawn in the ship local space

anywayi changed the code to make initialisation here and assing parent here to

now this show particle in node local space
Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(Node, device->getSceneManager(),false,true,43);

this sow nothing
Code:
irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode* system = new irr::scene::CSPKParticleSystemNode(Node, device->getSceneManager(),true,true,43);
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

O_o ? I tested it though...

Can you post the portion of the code which controls the node, or system transform ?

Some dumb questions...: did you update the dlls? have you tried to recompile ?
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

the transformation is done by a physic engine

also i recompiled the spark2 dll but they are the exact same weight and i didnot see any aditional file compiled

unlesss there is a bug in my way of initiating the rest of the system
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 am

granyte wrote:
the transformation is done by a physic engine
OK, but how do you transfer it to the effect? You set the scene node transform (setPosition, setRotation & co), or the SPK::System transform ?

granyte wrote:
also i recompiled the spark2 dll but they are the exact same weight and i didnot see any aditional file compiled
Only two lines were changed, no files added or removed in this revision, should be normal.

I tested the revision with the Irrlicht test, making the CSPKParticleSceneNode rotating around the Y axis:
Code:

float x = cos(time * irr::core::PI);
float z = sin(time * irr::core::PI);
irrSystem->setPosition(irr::core::vecvtor3df(x,0.0f,z));
You can test it if you want.
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:13 pm

i make the particle system child of a scene node and then i set the transform of that scene node
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark2 Irrlicht integration   Spark2 Irrlicht integration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spark2 Irrlicht integration
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next