Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Procedural universe explorer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
granyte

Procedural universe explorer Empty
PostSubject: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I have been working for quite some time on a game engine that could handle an entire galaxy and let the player explore.

I emplemented spark quite early in the project but ii was not really using it now that i have started are the first result.

i use spark to draw all those stars that we cannot identify individualy by making them apear like a sort of fog/ haze

Procedural universe explorer OuterSpaceClient+2012-11-23+05-36-55-01

and every stars you can see in these pictures you can click on and load the star system
Procedural universe explorer OuterSpaceClient+2012-11-23+05-38-11-98

the particle engine and the stars get rendered to skybox making every single skybox in the galaxy unique
Procedural universe explorer OuterSpaceClient+2012-11-23+05-42-57-02

this one actualy became my desktop
Procedural universe explorer OuterSpaceClient+2012-11-23+05-42-18-35
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am

Nice !

Let us know when you'll have new material (video, executable...)
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Nice screens! Not finished (some artifacts), but looks promising.
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 pm

I almost completed my implementation of spark on the FVF for irrlicht

it uses 1 quad uploaded to the GPU as static mesh and 1 vertex buffer filled with particle data 1 vertex per particle they are then combined on the GPU using hardware instancing the quad rotation is done on the gpu so no more Quad manipulation on the cpu

and look at the speed compared to the same scene last time I posted
Procedural universe explorer Spark%2Bperformance

some more eye candy here
http://granyte.blogspot.ca/
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Very nice pics (also on your blog) ! Interestingly it seems we are working on similar stuff, proceduraly generated planets Wink

You have a pretty nice performance improvement here. Well, when I will get back to the code for linux port, I will try to make a GPU renderer for SPARK using geometry/vertex/pixel shaders. I just hope that it will happen soon !
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Well it seem everybody is working on this lately

yes the performance boost is great if you wish to use this in spark I could upload the sources
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Yeah, "procedural generation" and "open world" are becoming the new buzz words...

Anyway, I would gladly accept the source, if you see no inconvenient Wink
Back to top Go down
granyte

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:31 am

alright ill upload a version of my spark during the week
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procedural universe explorer   Procedural universe explorer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Procedural universe explorer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: English Forum :: Showcase (en)-
Jump to: