Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Glitch

Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

I guess it doesn't??? Anyway I ran cmake to test generating the demo file Irrlicht_Test and did what I did before and everything works fine.
except I changed driver to direct3d9 as my original project that will be using Spark is direct3d9. Will I have any issues using direct3d9 driver with spark??
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:20 am

As long as you use Irrlicht, you won't have problems with SPARK. I think the native DirectX 9 renderer has not been tested a lot and might not work flawlessly (but you can still test).

Also note that on Windows 8 you will have to use VS2010 and DirectX June 2010 in order to compile for DirectX 9.

If you compile irrlicht-shader-pipeline with DirectX 9, can you post the results of the Irrlicht demos on this thread ? thanks!
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:26 am

Well the Irrlicht test example compiles fine but when I run the example under direct3d9 I don't see anything. The one were the particle rotates around the camera.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:39 am

Nothing with DX9 and normal with OGL (for the same binary) ?
For Test_Irrlicht_Ctrl don't forget that you have to wait a bit for the emit point to be in the field of view (like 3 seconds).
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 am

Did a quick test ogl or direct3d show nothing. Everything loads counters and all fps number of particles, just dont see anything. Ill test more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:54 am

Ah, I see. That's actually a "bug" in Irrlicht, the one I talked about. Just open CVertexBuffer.h (or cpp, I don't remember), and change this function:
Code:

virtual void set_used(u32 used)
      {
         Vertices.reallocate(used);

while (Vertices.size() < used)
         {
            T element;
            Vertices.push_back(element);
         }
      }
to this:
Code:

virtual void set_used(u32 used)
      {
         Vertices.set_used(used);
      }

(And for safety you should recompile Irrlicht and relink SPARK after that, sorry).
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:04 am

Well I changed the code in the header file. Direct3d or Opengl still don't show anything?????
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:17 am

So this may be far more complicated. If I change reallocated to what you said my hardware skinning example doesnt show my characters anymore??? Also in the spark end of things nothing is rendered ethier. But If I change it back to what it was my characters are visible again but spark examples for irrlicht still remain the same nothing being rendered?
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 am

Aha - seems you pc is against you. Maybe you should make a sacrifice to the GPU god...

Some hints:
- are you sure you ran it from th explorer (or you changed the working dir to $(TargetDir) in vs) ?
- what is the log (use command.exe > log.txt in the console) ?
- can you send me the executable with irr and spark dlls (compiled in release with debug info if possible, please, as I don't have vs2012) ?

What's more weird is that my change broke the skinning example for you. Actually, it got commited (and a little improved), so you should update your Irrlicht copy and recompile it.
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks for your patients darktib right now my cable company is working on internet service. When I get back up and running Ill check with Nadro on getting the latest pipline branch updates. And Ill send you everything you need.
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 am

Alright so I've test them in release mode and built the spark libraries for debug and release and they still don't render anything. Also I tried them with the change of that line in the header file in Irrlicht and recompiled Irrlicht and re copy the Irrlicht dll and recompiled the new library with the spark_Irrlicht test and still nothing rendered. I'm giving you a link of the entire sprak root folder I have which has all the projects in it also. BTW I have visual studio 2013 not 2012 so you should be able to open these.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rg5ujd
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm downloading it now (as a side note, I advise you to use Mediafire instead of Sendspace in general, even though there is a limit of 100MB for free users)
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:02 am

Did you find anything?
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 am

After having downloaded your repos, I recompiled SPARK and the demos and it worked fine (well, at least for OpenGL, I cannot try DX9 on this machine, and haven't tested DX11 yet. So the SPARK code that you included in the download works for me. Might be related to your irrlicht version. I will test with the latest Irrlicht version this evening.

I found several things:
- you were linking to the release dll of Irrlicht, even when in debug - not ideal, but might work.
- you had one solution file for each demo, maybe you generated this at hand. Maybe it was pointing to the wrong Irrlicht repository. Normally the cmake script generates only one solution: "SPARK_Demos".
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

Okay let me know If it works with Nadros latest release and I'll update my Irrlicht version. Also the directx11 thing doesn't matter to me as my project uses direct3d9. Also I found the setting up process for spark to be a bit confusing at first I thought I did it right, I really just read the README and ran cmake on what it said :/. Thanks I'll check back later.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:22 am

I tested with the last svn revision, and it works too...

But I think I will update the readme to be more clear, thank you for the hint.
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Just want to say I got everything working got a fresh build of spark and Irrlicht and made sure anything that was compiled as release or debug was linked to the corresponding libraries. So thanks for you help I'm sure I'll be posting something in the future about something.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Glad it works now !
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 am

Hey Darktib are there any editors for spark? Seems kinda hard to just code out any effects.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:15 am

Yes, but not up-to-date.

I created my own editor, you can reach it by clicking the image in my signature - it is using SPARK2, but I'm not sure the serialization is compatible. Anyway, it is possible to extend it by writing an extension.
I know there are at least 2 other editors, but I don't know what is their state...
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 am

Oh yeah found that earlier I cant get anything to show up in the editor... also is the color or an effect controlled by the graphInterpolator?

I was trying to set the color to be a fiery color but It just seems to start at one color then transition to another color. Is there a way to set one color?
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 am

For the editor, if you're using Icewhirl please open a new thread.

You need a renderer (I think I put Irrlicht by default), and I didn't understand your problem with colors...
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 am

How do you set a position for the effect? I've tried setting the system node that's made in the Spark_Irrlicht_Ctrl example but it doesn't seem to move?

Code:
system->setPosition(core::vector3df(0.0f,25.0f,0.0f))

I didn't see any movement or setting a desired position in any of the examples so thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Does it help if you call
Code:
irr_system->updateAbsolutePosition()
 just after setting the position ?
Back to top Go down
The_Glitch

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 am

No even if I say
Code:
system->updateAbsoluteposition();
nothing moves not even If I place that line in the while loop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?   Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does spark work with Irrlicht 1.8?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next