Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie

Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ? Empty
PostSubject: Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ?   Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi all ! First of all i have to say this particle engine is one of the best and fastest engine i've ever see . The fire and the rain is just simply beautiful ! Not to mention the explosion effect which one is my favorite ! But there's any chance to use all this in Dark GDK ? If yes where can i find a tutorial or even a starting point how to do this ? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Keep up the good work !
Regards
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ?   Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:33 am

All you have to do to add SPARK to an existing engine is to write some SPK::Renderer, these classes will use the engine primitives to draw the particles.

I have never used DarkGDK, but I have played with DarkBASIC Pro for years (before I learned C++; I'm still continuing to use it sometimes). Althought I have made some plugins for it, I had never done any rendering plugin, so you will have to search by yourself for a tutorial/asrticle/etc explaining how to write a renderer. The good news: it is possible, I've seen a lot of rendering plugins in DarkBASIC Pro Wink

edit: Found this on the net: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157049&b=22&p=0
You'll have to write a renderer using DirectX commands. There is a DirectX renderer for SPARK1 on the svn, maybe it can be a source of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

PostSubject: Thanks   Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Excelent Information ! Thank you very very much !

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ?   Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Spark in Dark GDK is this possible ?
Page 1 of 1