Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mars_999

Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK? Empty
PostSubject: Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?   Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I do not have the DX SDK installed, but I don't use it, so does Spark 2 need it to compile the libs? I am trying to use the Irrlicht and OpenGL builds.

Thanks!

1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: SPARK_Irrlicht, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'spark_irrlicht_d.lib'
Back to top Go down
Darktib
Committer
Darktib

PostSubject: Re: Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?   Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 am

The error you have is not related to DirectX, but to Irrlicht. Spark 2 does not need DX.

Btw, your error is quite weird... It seems you're compiling SPARK_Irrlicht (which is the Irrlicht renderer), and yet the linker cannot open the lib. Check that you have the rights to create & modify the file 'spark_irrlicht_d.lib'.
(also, normally this lib should be named 'SPARK_IRR_debug.lib', not 'spark_irrlicht_d.lib'... have you changed the configuration ?)
Back to top Go down
Mars_999

PostSubject: Re: Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?   Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 am

You got me never seen this before either I do not have the lastest build on source either. I have no idea where I can pull it from without messing with some kind of software versioning system. I just want a link to click on and download that latest build...

I gave up. I have no idea why I can't get it to work. I can compile SFML, and  other libs with CMake never had this much headache...

I did change that name on the .dll and it did nothing..

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?   Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Link error on building Spark2? Do I need DX SDK?
Page 1 of 1