Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

linker error :'(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrteddy

linker error :'( Empty
PostSubject: linker error :'(   linker error :'( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 am

Hey everyone! spark is really great and I'm just implementing it into my game now... or at least attempting to haha. ANYWAYS.... It compiled smoothly on code blocks with the gcc compiler, but I have this one linker error. I'm using the irrlicht .a file and the core .a file that I compiled myself by downloading your lovely project. This is the linker error:

Code:

..\Spark\lib\mingw\static\libSPARK_IRR.a(SPK_IRR_ALL.o)(.text$_ZN3irr5scene10ISceneNode11getMaterialEj[irr::scene::ISceneNode::getMaterial(unsigned int)]+0x4):SPK_IRR_ALL.cpp||undefined reference to `_imp___ZN3irr5video16IdentityMaterialE'|

Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: linker error :'(   linker error :'( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 am

Hi,

Are you using the static lib of Irrlicht ? If so, try to define _IRR_STATIC_LIB_ when compiling the irrlicht module of SPARK.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
mrteddy

PostSubject: Re: linker error :'(   linker error :'( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

It's an irrlicht codeblocks project... so I guess it should've been, but I tried linking the static irrlicht file after the spark files and now it works fine... strange. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: linker error :'(   linker error :'( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Glad it works !

Regarding the order of linking, it is the normal behaviour with gcc. Dependancies have to be linked always after.
Back to top Go down
http://spark.developpez.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: linker error :'(   linker error :'( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

linker error :'(
Page 1 of 1